Wednesday 26 January 2011

Recycle? New Cycle?

As you may or may not know I have just recently (2 weeks ago), started back to work after being on maternity leave for 9 months. Believe me that on its own is a big enough shock to the system without the added hassle of finding clothes to wear for work, bearing in mind my clothes prior this gap were maternity clothes. 

Now I would have loved nothing more than to have gone out and bought a whole new wardrobe of work clothes, but being a single mother of two I couldn't really justify it financially. Therefore I decided to compromise, I bought couple of new items and then looked through the boxes and boxes of clothes I have stashed around the house. I was amazed to see just how many items I have which could still be classed as being 'in fashion'. This then inspired me to try and produce a post a day showing a different outfit I have recycled or bought new or mixed and matched. So here's the first one.. please excuse the picture quality as it was 6am this morning and my mum is only tiny so struggled to get a full length photo as I am practically giant like to her. Bless her...


Top - Dorothy Perkins (Includes belt) - Recycled from 2008 (I think)
Trousers - Evans - Bought this year in the new year sales


Top - Dorothy Perkins (Includes belt) - Recycled from 2008 (I think)
Trousers - Evans - Bought this year in the new year sales

Like I said, I will try to do one post every day.... but we'll see how it pans out. Are you guys hoarders like me? Do you recycle your own clothes season after season? Maybe you could send me some pictures of your recycled outfits and I could show them in one of my next posts...

Lots of love
Donna
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment