Wednesday 9 February 2011

Plus London Blogger Meet - Part One

This weekend just gone was the eagerly anticipated Plus London event, where bloggers from all over the UK (and Europe) came together like one big happy family. Although I felt a little nervous to be meeting all of these fabulous women I was soon at ease, like I'd known them my whole life. The event was organised by the simply wonderful Lauren (Pocket Rocket Fashion).  Whom I must say did an absolutely tremendous job, she's a little star. As I didn't really know anyone (although I knew I wouldn't mistake Carla and that fabulous hair!), I travelled down with my friend Polly, who is now a semi converted fashionista....... well I'm trying convert her anyway ;-)


Firstly we met up at the Evans flagship store in Marble Arch for a day of shopping in Oxford street, where I first met the totally delightful Anika, and I knew instantly we were of like minds and went on to have a ball for the rest of the day / evening. I must say all of you ladies are a bad influence on me. As soon as I went downstairs in Evans I spotted a 'must have' dress. Although I promised myself I wouldn't go mad spending lots of pennies, it was simply divine. So I allowed myself to try it on at least...... though when there are numerous other fashionista types telling you how fabulous you look in it (LaurenBeth and Amy), its kind of hard NOT to buy it..... so I did :-)


Here are a few of my favourite pics from the day...











(I will put tags to all all these pictures when I get some more time - I promise)


The night time affair was held at The Strand Gallery, where we were greeted at the door by the lovely Lauren who was wearing a fabulous dress from one of the event sponsors Torrid Fashion, and clutching a goody bag for us with a selection of items from some of the event sponsors CarmakomaSimply Be and Yours Clothing to name but a few (oh how I love goody bags). I wore the fabulous dress I purchased from Evans earlier in the day.


We were also greeted with free champers (which is always a bonus) courtesy of another one of the event sponsors  Plus Size Tall. We got another chance to mingle with other like minded bloggers, as there were even more there at the evening event. In addition to all this we had a chance to peek at some of the new Spring / Summer collections from ASOSYours ClothingCarmakomaAnna Scholz and Torrid Fashion. All of which were amazing. I love the range of maxi dresses from ASOS and the bright, vibrant colours from Anna ScholzTorrid Fashion  also had a pair of the most divine shoes. Here's a few of the pics....









I will be doing posts on each of the sponsors and their collections individually and have some discounts codes to share with you (you lucky people).... so look out for that.


I am truly honoured to have been invited to this Plus London event and to have met such great people, including the totally gorgeous and fabulous Rianne and Queen from Evolve Magazine, who I was dying to meet and they were every bit as wonderful as I'd expected. I hope that we can make Plus London an annual thing.... or even make it closer to me next time lol... Plus Manchester?? Plus Birmingham anyone??


lots of love 
























Donna
xxx

4 comments:

  1. You looked absolutely fab in that Evans piece. Was nice meeting you and thank you for following back. I'm all for meeting again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely darling! great post from an amazing day! You and Polly were such fun to hang out with, like minds indeed!!!! big kisses coming your way :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that dress! XD
    it's been a pleasure to meet you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thanks guys. It was a pleasure meeting all of you!! I hope we can do it again soon... preferably somewhere hot!! lol ;-) x x

    ReplyDelete